CSCA Scholarship Opportunities
Letter from the Alumni Board President
Dear CSCA Alumni,
It’s hard to believe how quickly the years have passed since we graduated from The Cambridge School of Culinary Arts. It seems like only yesterday we were searching every street in the neighborhood for parking spaces, scrambling to complete our first mis en place, cramming for exams, and rehydrating at Spirit Bar (now Dubliners Pub) between class and seminar. Time flies and our culinary skills have continued to improve with practice.
And so have those of our fellow alumni! Hundreds of graduates are regularly impressing their friends with Sunday brunch souffles, working their way up the kitchen ladders, being published, and running successful businesses of their own.
The Alumni Board is so impressed by your endeavors that...drum roll please.... we are thrilled to announce the launch of the school’s first alumni scholarship program! If you have ever thought of continuing your culinary education by way of relevant coursework, experience, or training, then the CSCA Alumni Board can help! An overview of the scholarship program and an application are included below.
We look forward to receiving your applications. Please feel free to be contact any member of the alumni board if you have questions.
If you would like to make a donation to the alumni scholarship program, please click here. Or, if you prefer to send a check, please mail to:
The Cambridge School of Culinary Arts
2020 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02140
President CSCA Alumni Board of Directors
Thanks to the generous support of its members, The Cambridge School of Culinary Arts Alumni Association (CSCAAA) is pleased to offer scholarships exclusively for graduates of the School’s professional (PPP or PCP) or certificate (CPP or CCP) programs who seek additional education or culinary training beyond that offered by the School. Applicants must have completed a minimum of two years’ professional experience in some aspect of the culinary world.
In its discretion, the CSCAAA will award scholarships up to a total of $2,500 per year to one or more recipients to help defray the cost of tuition, fees, travel, books, or any other reasonable expenses relating to a program as described below. Applicants may request up to a maximum of $2,500, although the CSCAAA may grant awards of amounts less than requested.
All applicants must submit and/or comply with the following:
- Completed application form, which includes an essay defining educational career goals with specifics as to the program/class/experience/training (‘the program”) for which funding is being sought
- Detailed information on the program including costs, accreditation (if applicable), admission requirements and deadline, study timeline, tentative travel schedule (if applicable), any other relevant information
- Current resumé
- Two letters of professional recommendation from professional sources, such as employers, educational institutions or volunteer organizations on personal or business letterhead. Letters should be submitted with the application
- Applicants also may be required to participate in an in-person or telephone interview
- Recipients are also required to share their learning with the CSCA community after program completion either through an article in the alumni newsletter or an alumni workshop or demonstration at the school
Alumni Scholarship Deadlines:
Applications will be reviewed twice annually in October and May. For programs which begin July through December, completed applications must be postmarked, uploaded, or emailed by May 1. For those starting January through June, completed applications must be postmarked, uploaded, or emailed by October 1.
Awards will be announced by June 15th and November 15th, respectively. Award recipients must provide proof of acceptance/enrollment before payment will be issued.