The Admissions Process
Admission to the Professional Programs is based on formal application to the school. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and are considered on the basis of their transcripts (High School or GED, or College), two letters of recommendation, a personal statement, resume and personal interview. Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an open house and tour the school before submitting application materials. Out of state applicants may request a telephone interview if unable to attend an interview in person.
Foreign applicants must be fluent in English. A standardized admissions test or TOEFL may be used at the discretion of the admissions office.
Please note: International students residing either outside or inside of the USA must submit a completed application for the Professional Chef's Program, Professional Pastry Program, Culinary Certificate Program, or the Certificate Pastry Program at least 60 days before the class start dates for each term.
Acceptance is determined approximately 1 – 2 weeks following the interview. All applicants are notified by mail.
The Application Process
- September 2013 Culinary Certificate Program: August 23, 2013
- September 2013 Professional Chef's Program: August 23, 2013
- September 2013 Professional Pastry Program: August 23, 2013
- September 2013 Certificate Pastry Program: August 23, 2013
- January 2014 Culinary Certificate Program: January 3, 2014
- January 2014 Professional Chef's Program: January 3 2014
- January 2014 Professional Pastry Program: January 3, 2014
- January 2014 Certificate Pastry Program: January 3, 2014
- May 2014 Culinary Certificate Program: April 18, 2014
- May 2014 Certificate Pastry Program: April 18, 2014
Before You Apply
Consider attending one of our regularly scheduled information sessions for an in-depth look at our programs and facilities.
Each session lasts approximately 2 hours and includes a tour of the classrooms and kitchens. If you can’t make it for an information session, one of our team members will be happy to give you a private tour at a time that best suits your schedule. To sign up for an open house or request a private tour, simply e-mail email@example.com with your day-time phone number and the date you wish to attend, or call 617-354-2020 to speak with one of our representatives.
Click here to view dates and times for upcoming information sessions.
Download the PDF version of our application and course catalogue by clicking on the links below: